About Me

My photo
A dedicated political science major and an aspiring researcher with a passion for theater and a penchant for everything feline. I dream big. To put it simply: A typical 19 year old with dreams and issues.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

G.W.F. Hegel and the disturbingly absurd serenity of our friendship

Using Hegel's dialectics, I tried to make a synthesis explaining why our friendship is frighteningly peaceful and maybe, to an extent, can even be considered amazing (especially taking into account our awfully complicated set-up)

Thesis: I'd like to believe I'm a very understanding and tolerant person. Maybe cause I can't afford to get into a fight; Can't seem to imagine going back to my old life without having you to cling on every damn minute.

Antithesis: How am I even able to assume that, when you (surprisingly) haven't done anything to aggravate my temperamental egocentric self?

Synthesis: I am just assuming (the antithesis) based on the pressumption that:  If the time comes that you have sufficiently pissed me off, I shall act upon (the first part of thesis) because of (the second part of thesis)

I am trying to make as much sense as I can, without fully dismissing the cryptic-ness in my words
TRYING. HAHAHA

Now I must study again

No comments:

Post a Comment